The talented and lovely Jessica from Tiny Monster (and a smile-inducing wedding prep blog The Sensible Bride) tagged me in one of her posts recently (well, lets be truthful here, not-so-recently... I've been busy enjoying my uni break OK!?) And so henceforth...
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog. - her etsy store is so cute you may need a paper bag. be warned. www.tinymonster.etsy.com
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
1. nothing inspires me more than a cluttered desk that I cant actually work on. this means i usually end up doing my work or creating on the floor, and so my work area ends up expanding to the ends of the earth, or until my Mum's ever flowing tolerance begins to dam up (yes, i live with my Parents. i am still young.)
2. I have a rather decent collection of miniature cacti and succulents, mostly because all other plants i have had died, but i like plants, so i keep collecting them. cacti look cute in vintage kitschy cups, and this talent is actually harder to acheive than you'd think. Pansies dont have this talent, neither do petunias.
3. i dont hold my pencil correctly, and somehow, this enables me to write fluently with about 10 different styles. which i guess is good if i ever want to write a ransom note. this rejection of the norm has also meant that i've aqquired a callous on my finger. not so good.
4. i clean out my closet frquently, and then take it to the op-shop. unfortunately, this also feeds my greatest addiction. you would think that taking stuff regularily to the op-shop would de-clutter my life, right? wrong. problem is, i take three bags to the op-shop, i leave with four. i take one bag, i leave with two. its an amazing feat really. so recently i opened up my second etsy store for all the stuff that i bought from op-shops when they didnt fit but they were too good to pass up. www.ilovetoopshop.etsy.com
5. i have naturally blonde hair and blue eyes. i hate it, it makes me look so bland. i wish i had the looks of Dita Von Teese (yes, i know she dyes her hair but thats beside the point) or some other raven haired, dark eyed beauty. vain of me i know, but we all have our vices.
6. i cant stand Ben Lee's music. and yet as soon as i hear one line of any of his songs, its stuck in my head for a least 24 hours, if not more. i wish you would die of your horrible "disease", you twerp.
7. wow, im impressed with myself tht i've reached seven. i'm wondering if that counts as a thing to tell everyone about? oh well.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by including links to their blog.
i know most of you have already done this, mostly because i have a limited sphere of blogging aquaintances, so i'll just copy niina from niina aoki art and illustration and say all those who want to, can :) and comment this post so i can read them! i love reading weird things about people.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog!